How it works:
- For each player we will post a front page article highlighting a specific players pros/cons and any stats (if available)
- Vote by posting a Yes (to Protect) or No (don't Protect) in the subject of a comment, then explain why in the message
- We (the editors) will keep track of all the yes/no votes for each player
- At the end of the whole roster we will total up the results and post the community's Protected list
- Your list will be compared to the list of each contributing editor
- The only player we will not be voting on is Darlington Nagbe as he is automatically protected based on his Generations Adidas Status.
More After the Jump
Ryan was one of the first signings for the Portland Timbers and was the leading points person for the USL Timbers. This year Ryan participated in the first few games but then was loaned out to the Montreal Impact midway through the year. He currently is making 80,000.
|Kansas City - MLS||2005||8||4||285||1||1||3||6||4||0||0|
|Kansas City - MLS||2006||19||4||560||2||1||5||14||11||0||0|
|Kansas City - MLS||2007||17||4||456||0||0||0||11||11||0||0|
|Kansas City - MLS||2008||14||5||485||0||1||1||6||6||1||0|
When he is on he is on. In only 11 games he scored 7 goals and was the leading scorer for the Impact.
Seems to be one of those players who is amazing in the lower leagues but just can't make it in the MLS. As can be attested by his goals per game in the MLS vs in the lower leagues.
Steve was another USL Timber that was brought up to the MLS Timbers. This was his second year in the MLS as he played with FC Dallas in 2009. He is currently making around $42,000.
He is getting international experience and has a great work rate when on the pitch. Also was one of the best offensive minded outside backs the Timbers had.
Seemed to be lost at points defensively and when paired with someone other than Sal Zizzo did not work well on the wings.
Eddie Johnson was one interesting signings as it was little known that the USL Timbers had traded for him and then loaned him back to the Austin Aztecs. He played in the Manchester United youth system about the same time Kenny Cooper did. He is currently making around $88,000.
Is the best Central Forward the Timbers have, meaning he can hold up the ball well and distribute to on coming midfielders. In his 3 starts had 1 goal and showed signs of really breaking out in the MLS.
Received two concussions this year and as shown from MLS' experience with Taylor Twellman it can become a major issue.
Who should we protect?