New week, new Lumberyard. I wish I could have some better news to report in the weekly thread, but it seems like things are gonna get worse before they get better.
It was announced earlier today that our second back-up goalkeeper, Adin Brown, has tweaked his hamstring and, as a result, will be out for a couple weeks. With Troy Perkins and Adin Brown out that leaves young Jake Gleeson as our keeper for the time being. Gleeson is capable enough, as he showed in the second half of last week's game, but it still makes me nervous.
To follow up here's an updated list of injuries:
- Troy Perkins - Knee sprain
- Adin Brown - Hamstring tweak
- Darlington Nagbe - Post-hernia surgery recovery
- Eddie Johnson - Achilles tendinitis
- Bright Dike - Achilles rupture
Sal Zizzo looks to be fit again after coming on in the second half of last week's game.
On the lighter side of the post: who's going to the US Open Cup game tomorrow night?
The Lumberyard is here to give the entire site a place for true non-soccer conversation and random thoughts. Its purpose: A place where people can come and chat about all the stuff that doesn't fit in with the rest of the site, and even be loose in terms of byplay and humor. The goal of the Lumberyard is to foster community; to let people get to know each other outside of the everyday front page posts. There will be happy ones, sad ones, ones like a sharing circle, and ones like an open mike night at the comedy club. In the Lumberyard, people really have a chance to become a family.
So, if you have a one-off thought, post it in here. The rules are basic, and are as follows:
- Ad hominem (personal) attacks will never be tolerated.
- Everything you write is visible publicly, so be careful.
- Don't use the Lumberyard to call out or talk about users from other threads on Stumptown Footy.
- Remember that every image posted will slow the thread down, so try to post as few as possible. Posting a link to an image you want to share is an acceptable alternative, and thus can share as many images as you wish without slowing down the thread. If you do post an image in the thread, please post something in the subject line so that the image stays mimimized.
Most importantly, HAVE FUN!!!