Again, the ball was dropped! Gotta do much better in the future!
So we survived our first Cascadia Cup match with a 1-1 draw vs. the color-challenged team north of us, and then we followed it up with a not-so-memorable 1-0 win over Columbus and their not-quite-intelligent-because-they-intentionally-chose-to-sit-in-full-Crew-gear-in-the-middle-of-the-Timbers-Army-section fans. Our coach has given us yet another reason to explain our man-crush on him. We're sitting pretty in the standings and we're on a roll!
How do you think we're doing? What games have you been to? What's your take on the remodeled stadium? When will Nagbe get his first goal? When will the team not depend on set pieces to score?
Answer all those and more below!
Rules after the jump.
The Lumberyard is here to give the entire site a place for true non-soccer conversation and random thoughts. Its purpose: A place where people can come and chat about all the stuff that doesn't fit in with the rest of the site, and even be loose in terms of byplay and humor. The goal of the Lumberyard is to foster community; to let people get to know each other outside of the everyday front page posts. There will be happy ones, sad ones, ones like a sharing circle, and ones like an open mike night at the comedy club. In the Lumberyard, people really have a chance to become a family.
So, if you have a one-off thought, post it in here. The rules are basic, and are as follows:
- Ad hominem (personal) attacks will never be tolerated.
- Everything you write is visible publicly, so be careful.
- Don't use the Lumberyard to call out or talk about users from other threads on Stumptown Footy.
- Remember that every image posted will slow the thread down, so try to post as few as possible. Posting a link to an image you want to share is an acceptable alternative, and thus can share as many images as you wish without slowing down the thread. If you do post an image in the thread, please post something in the subject line so that the image stays mimimized.
- Most importantly, HAVE FUN!!!