Since it's the time of wish lists, here are the things I hope to see from the Timbers in 2013. In no particular order.
1) I hope Caleb Porter comes into the picture and has some reasonable success early. Or said another way I want the fans and the coach to believe in each other (because what we all want will take some time).
2) Kris Boyd moves on. I'm open to second chances, particularly given the circumstances. But I think the odds of marginal success and a subsequent label of Albatross are too high.
3) Timbers attack through the center. I hope the addition of Will Johnson and the maturation of Nagbe translate into the ability to play the ball up through the center and attack.
4) I hope the defensive line becomes a wall. Talent and communication blossom and we all view nirvana. I hope.
5) Mike Golub creates "Timbersfest". Let's take the women's club + food carts + Portland as a great summer destination, and create a 3-4 day event where the women play, the men play, and the reserves play. The team works with the city to close one of the streets outside the stadium, bring in a dozen food carts and a band or two, and let's have a serious party.
Alright guys, I don't believe I have to say this but, just in case, please do not submit anything racist, homophobic, sexist or otherwise not appropriate for even the younger Timbers fans.