Two games into the season and I would say the Portland Timbers have faired pretty well thus far. With a home opener win and a draw against a team that thoroughly clobbered the Timbers 4-nil last year, I'll certainly take a boring 1-1 draw. Not to say, of course, that I wouldn't have preferred the full three points.
Anyway, here are some discussion topics:
1. Kris Boyd has played in three games total for the Timbers (two regular season), what do you think of him?
3. March Madness is in full swing. Any predictions or general comments about this year's tournament?
Also feel free to discuss anything and everything else!
The Lumberyard is here to give the entire site a place for true soccer or non-soccer conversation and random thoughts. Its purpose: A place where people can come and chat about all the stuff that doesn't fit in with other articles post on the site, and even be loose in terms of byplay and humor. The goal of the Lumberyard is to foster community; to let people get to know each other outside of the everyday front page posts. There will be happy ones, sad ones, ones like a sharing circle, and ones like an open mike night at the comedy club. In the Lumberyard, people really have a chance to become a family.
So, if you have a one-off thought, post it in here. The rules are basic, and are as follows:
- Ad hominem (personal) attacks will never be tolerated.
- Everything you write is visible publicly, so be careful.
- Don't use the Lumberyard to call out or talk about users from other threads on Stumptown Footy.
- Remember that every image posted will slow the thread down, so try to post as few as possible. Posting a link to an image you want to share is an acceptable alternative, and thus can share as many images as you wish without slowing down the thread. If you do post an image in the thread, please post something in the subject line so that the image stays minimized.
Most importantly, HAVE FUN!!!
Sound off in the comments!