Tomorrow marks the end of the pre-season festivities which means that the regular season kicks off in just 9 more days. Well, technically the MLS season will kick off in about a week, but the Timbers don't actually play anybody until the Monday after. In any case, it's all very exciting and I absolutely can't wait.
Anyway, welcome back to the weekly Lumberyard. As usual feel free to discuss anything Timbers or not Timbers related here. That said, here is some discussion topics to get us going:
1. The pre-season is pretty much over after tomorrow night's game against AIK. Based on everything that's happened, what do you think of the Timbers' chances this year?
2. Tomorrow we'll finally get to see Kris Boyd in action. Any specifics hopes for him tomorrow night? What about for the season?
3. This one is for you Trail Blazers fans. Last Thursday saw them lose against Miami. Where does that leave em for the remainder of the season? Any hopes for tonight's game against the Timberwolves?
Rules after the break!
The Lumberyard is here to give the entire site a place for true soccer or non-soccer conversation and random thoughts. Its purpose: A place where people can come and chat about all the stuff that doesn't fit in with other articles post on the site, and even be loose in terms of byplay and humor. The goal of the Lumberyard is to foster community; to let people get to know each other outside of the everyday front page posts. There will be happy ones, sad ones, ones like a sharing circle, and ones like an open mike night at the comedy club. In the Lumberyard, people really have a chance to become a family.
So, if you have a one-off thought, post it in here. The rules are basic, and are as follows:
- Ad hominem (personal) attacks will never be tolerated.
- Everything you write is visible publicly, so be careful.
- Don't use the Lumberyard to call out or talk about users from other threads on Stumptown Footy.
- Remember that every image posted will slow the thread down, so try to post as few as possible. Posting a link to an image you want to share is an acceptable alternative, and thus can share as many images as you wish without slowing down the thread. If you do post an image in the thread, please post something in the subject line so that the image stays minimized.
Most importantly, HAVE FUN!!!
Sound off in the comments!