Not much to relay here this early other than a quick analysis of what I saw tonight that may have relevance this Sunday against Seattle. (NOTE: I have not watched Seattle regularly so some of this most of you probably already know or have other more accurate thoughts to provide. :)
1. Clearly Johnson is the target striker for Seattle - at least he was against SKC... good movement on and off the ball and IMHO very good pace and strength - if not tired from tonight he will be a challenge to handle for our centerbacks...
2. Montero - nice little touches and was unlucky not to score tonight - good deflection took his shot across the goal to the far post as opposed to in-it; some good build up touches to get to that point inside the 18 yard box... the ball eventually dropped to Kamara who cleared it.
3. Rosales impressed as a CAM - there i did it - used an american soccer acronym :) woot......
4. A very fast paced game in the first half - lots of chances for both sides; somewhat carried over into the second half - but late on things got really rough - for both sides - so the WTWF will be the run of play on a smaller pitch - it appears they can play both sides of the pitch so staying compact at the back is critical.
5. Both goals scored came from set pieces - some may not agree that a throw in is a set piece but when that throw in travels 5-10 yards into the 18 yard box it is no different than a corner or a cross.
6. Ianni scored a lovely volley from a free kick that started about 20 yards above the 18 yard box on the right - otherwise it seemed to me that the majority of headers were won by SKC - so we may have an edge on corners and free kicks if we bring the big bodies up.
Not much to go on I suppose at this time but am looking at a double header on Sunday - England and Italy and then Portland vs Seattle - it will be a GREAT DAY for FOOTY ;)