The Portland Timbers take on Real Salt Lake tonight in yet another match that will redefine what Timbers fans think of when we talk about the "biggest" match. The Timbers will have to step up big against RSL. This is no team on a ten-game win-less streak, this is a team that have been consistently in the thick of the trophy hunt for five years running.
How will the Timbers do against RSL?
Make sure to get your predictions in before the game tonight. Here is what we are looking for:
- The final score.
- Who will score the goals.
- When the goals will be scored.
As always, the more specific (overly specific, even), the better. Feel free to add any additional predictions you might have as well.
Here are last week's winners:
- pdxsoccerdad started the thread off with the prediction, "this is going to be EPIC!!!!" Which turned out to be correct.
- Ayrisvashnu correctly predicted that the Timbers Army would make regular use of "Welcome to Your Nightmare" as a chant.
- FarBar somehow knew that the Timbers would open the scoring with a Will Johnson penalty kick.
- Wryggle's attempt at trolling the thread was almost correct in that he called for a 3-1 win for the "good guys".
cfrank got that Futty would score and that Seattle would pull one back from a set piece.
Kickoff is at 6:00, so flip open Les Propheties and get your predictions in. In case you need a hand though, here are our game preview, preview interview, and most recent training report.