So. The season is over. I was at Jeld Wen last night and I gotta say it kinda hurts even now. Since I plan on completely ignoring Cup coverage, I need something to while away my time until the MLS silly season gets underway. To that end I was wondering if I could get you fine folks here on Stumptown Footy to engage in some speculation for the offseason. More specifically the following questions:
- Which of our aged veterans do we keep? Which do we deal? As much as I would like them to stay I think it's a valid question, especially given the average age of our back line. (Except Ricketts, he can stay.)
- Should the team explore new options up front? Our varried scoring attack was impressive, but almost all the scoring came from our midfielders. I was not so impressed with our strikers.
- Fullbacks. Are we all in on Harrington and Jewsbury/Powell? Should the team shed some CB depth for some true depth at Fullback? Where do we find the depth, since MLS isn't exactly awash in quality options.
- Midfield: Should the team tinker with it, or leave the beast alone?
- How badly will Seattle flub the offseason? What locker room will GAM be inflicted upon next?
- Are RSL rivals or are we just sick of them and wish they would disappear for a year or two?
- Is Caleb Porter a wizard? Discuss