Last year I asked for 4 team presents and one FO present (http://www.stumptownfooty.com/2012/12/7/3740284/my-timbers-2013-christmas-wish-list). The 4 team presents were delivered beyond any of my hopes (THANK YOU)... but Timbersfest was not.
So like any insatiable Timbers fan I'll create my 2014 list and hope to get ALL of them :)
1) Trophies.. Cascadia Cup, Supporters Shield, Open Cup, MLS Cup, CCL Cup.. ok, I don't need ALL of them but a representative sample would be nice
2) Set the bar for the ASG. Like many, I don't actually dig the format of the ASG. But this is an opportunity to set the bar AND to establish the value of the club, SG, and city working together on a multi-day soccer event in Portland. Let's hope it's a blast and sets the stage for a year Timbersfest event.
3) Establish the farm/feeder system. I'm hoping this is the year we create a USL-Pro team or affiliation and sanitize our feeder system.
4) Uplevel the sponsor deals. I THINK the Timbers major sponsor deals are all up for renewal this year. I'll give the FO kudo's for the original deals... but I'm hoping we can blow them out of the water this time AT LEAST financially.
5) Roadmap to move to grass... I really hoped that by doing Turf as well as it could be done, we could get past a number of the biases... I was wrong. So kick the football teams out and let's move to grass or a hybrid in 2015.