The NWSL has released the schedule for the upcoming season. The first match of the new league will kick off on April 13 and feature the Portland Thorns.
The NWSL has finally gotten around to releasing the schedule for its inaugural season! The first game is set to kick off on April 13th with the Portland Thorns taking on FC Kansas City, and then the rest of the teams will start their campaigns on April 14th. After playing 22 games the NWSL season will end in Mid August, which means the season is only 19 weeks long. The biggest news might be that all the Portland Thorns' home games will be played at JELD-WEN Field.
Here is the entire Thorns Schedule, with breakdowns coming after:
- Longest homestand is 3 games, which occurs twice: June 1st-Jun 16, July 28th-August 4th
- Portland has 4 out of their 5 July games at home.
- Longest road trip will be 3 games which goes from August 7th through August 17th
- Most games in a month will be 5 in May, June and July.
- In Mid may there will be three games in 7 days but the rest of the season games will be 6 to 8 days apart.
- Portland plays(number of times): Seattle (4), FC Kansas City (4), Chicago (4), Sky Blue FC (3), Boston Breakers (3), Washington (2), and Western New York (2).
What do you think of the Schedule?