I haven't seen this started anywhere local yet. So I'll throw in.
Here's my predictions for the finish of the regular season for the western conference. Note that overall I see three top teams, a bottom team, and ton of mid range teams including the Timbers fighting for one of two playoff spots.
1) San Jose. No significant changes to the team, won't finish with as many points as 2012, but still enough to eek out first.
2) Seattle. I'm running out of players to despise at the Sounders, so I'm going to give the organization some credit and predict they finish second and do well in Champions League.
3) LAG. Lots of turmoil in first half, but still the best coach in the League and enough quality to get here.
4) RSL. Not as good as the past, but still end up with 50ish points. I just think they're a strong organization with a very good coach and home field advantage
5) Portland. Wins a dog race between Portland, Vancouver, and FC Dallas for 5th. We'll need 48 points to get here. and it will be a scramble because the first two months of our season are brutal.
6) Vancouver. 6 and 7 are tough for me, could go either way. I think both these teams will end up with 45ish points.
7) FC Dallas.
8) Colorado. I'm just not convinced.
9) Chivas. I think they'll start slow, improve through the year, and still finish last in a tough conference.