The Portland Timbers take on Real Salt Lake today in a battle between two of the league's top teams and a rematch of the US Open Cup Semifinal. The Timbers will be looking for revenge after dominating possession against RSL two weeks ago, but being unable to turn that possession advantage into goals. RSL, meanwhile, will be looking to show that they can beat top teams after losing three of their last five games, all to playoff contenders.
In last Saturday's predictions thread there were several people right on the money:
- tyler.carter., stax o' wax, and lbmoonie all got the score right. (2-1 Timbers)
- tyler.carter. was only two minutes off correctly predicting when Ryan Johnson would open the scoring against Dallas (26'). He also correctly got the order of the scoring. (Portland, Dallas, Portland)
- stax o' wax was very close to what actually happened, getting both Timbers scorers and correctly guessing the order of the goals.
- lbmoonie correctly predicted that Darlington Nagbe would score and was only two minutes off on the timing (33').
- Nobody predicted that Mauro Diaz would score.
Make sure to get your predictions in before game time tonight. Here is what we are looking for:
- The final score.
- Who will score the goals.
- When the goals will be scored.
The more specific, the better.