The Portland Timbers head north to take on the Seattle Sounders in what should be the second highest attended Major League Soccer game in history, falling just short of the 1996 match up between the LA Galaxy and the New York Metrostars, the league's very first match.
This is a game where no one quite knows what to expect from the Sounders thanks to the addition of Clint Dempsey and no one has really figured out what the Timbers will do without Will Johnson and Diego Chara, so the usual future forecasting is no easy feat. Still, we should give it a try.,
In Wednesday's prediction thread nobody got the final score correct:
- pyite622, chilepobleno, tyler.carter., zoobaby, and Hailfire97 all predicted the Timbers' three goals.
- chilepobleno and zoobaby both got Diego Valeri and Rodney Wallace as Timbers goalscorers.
- Nobody picked Kalif Alhassan to score.
- Matt Montgomery, of RSL Soapbox, and rashneesh clearcut correctly guessed that Salt Lake would score three.
- Matt Montgomery (Nat Borchers) and 1751 (Javier Morales) were the only people to correctly pick and RSL goalscorer.
- mike.obremski guessed that RSL would score on a "PK from Count Salazar for a phantom foul."
Make sure to get your predictions in before game time tonight. Here is what we are looking for:
- The final score.
- Who will score the goals.
- When the goals will be scored.
The more specific, the better.