I know video games are in the land of lala when developing who is better than whom. However, a couple of things that stood out to me:
- I think Will Johnson's ratings are just way too low - especially his passing. I think it should be at least in the lower 70's. I would also argue that his shot and defense are 3-5 points too low.
- Ricketts rating is also too low in my judgment - especially his handling rating (at least 60) and his positioning rating (should be above 67).
- I think Silvestre is a little bit overrated in the game. I think both his passing and heading should be in the middle 60's instead of the 70's. While he is slow, I think he is 50's slow and not 40's slow.
- Darlington Nagbe's ratings are just weird. No way he has four star weak foot skills - maybe two. For a man I've never seen head the ball in my life, I don't know why he has a 64 rating in that. Also, Darlington is fast but not 87 fast - maybe low 80's or high 70's. His shot is way above 63. I would have his shot in the low 70's,
- Chara's defensive rating should be in the 70's.
- Valeri is a stud. However, I don't understand the 65 header rating. Would put that slightly lower. I would argue that his passing skills should be in the 80's but that's just me.
- There is no way that Rodney Wallace's shot should just be a 59 rating. Should be mid 60's at least.
- No Powell yet. Should be interesting what they come up for him. My guess would be in the 65-62 range.
- If you are building a team for a bronze tournament, you can do little wrong than getting Harrington, Jewsbury, AJB, Kalif, and Dike into your starting 11. Great chemistry.
- If you are wondering about Maximiliano Urruti, his Fifa 13 stats was an overall of 71 with a 79 speed, 72ish shooting, 60 passing, 68 dribbling, 23 defense, and 73 heading ratings. Just knowing how Fifa works, I expect him to have a overall rating of the same and maybe slightly lower - 69 perhaps.
- Looking at other MLS teams, the Sounders player ratings are way overrated - especially Obafemi Martins and Clint Dempsey's. Should be low 70's and upper 70's respectively. That said Yedlin is way too low and should be in the upper 60's instead of a 64 rating. RSL has some players that are rated too low like Gil and McDonald.
- Overall, MLS represents well and in my judgment is about in the right space. Once you take about the big five leagues in the England, Spain, Germany, France, and Italy MLS is a bit below Holland, Portugal, Argentina, and Russia but still really competitive with them - at least in video game form.
- As a side note. I am so excited to finally have Argentine, Chillean, Columbian, and both divisions in Brazil in the game. Finally get some proper Copa Liberdoras action on!
That just my thoughts and look at this. Just a bit of specutainment.