The Portland Timbers take on the tonight in a game that could determine the playoff standings in the Western Conference. In both of their matches this year, the Timbers and Galaxy have played it tight, ending in scored of 1- and 2-1, respectively. This one will probably be close as well as the Galaxy bring all of their big guns to bear on the Timbers.
Make sure to get your predictions in before the game tonight. Here is what we are looking for:
- The final score.
- Who will score the goals.
- When the goals will be scored.
Then don't forget the DDugan Line-up Prediction Challenge. Here is what we want for that one:
- Who is in the starting eleven.
- Who is on the bench.
- What substitutions will be made.
Finally, give us your best shot at what Caleb Porter will be wearing on the sidelines in the RCTIDnomatterwhat Sartorial Showdown. For that one, give us:
- What Caleb Porter will be wearing at the start of the game.
- What Caleb Porter will be wearing at the end of the game.
With all of these, the more specific the better.
Here are last week's winners:
- tyler.carter. was the first poster to get Caleb Porter's attire correct for this one. Although I think we were all a little surprised not to see Porter in the puffy pirate shirt that nat.erb sugggested.
- pctx had a very accurate description of Diego Valeri's goal, saying, "Valeri 78’ chip in on blown defense and out of place goalkeeper." Even if the time and final score were incorrect, that was a pretty darn good call.
- richard.hamje and DDugan both got the score of 1-0 correct, although they both thought that it would be Nagbe scoring the game winner instead of Valeri.
- The backline threw everyone for a loop this week as nobody had Jack Jewsbury in or the pairing of Futty Danso and Pa Modou Kah on the backline.
Kickoff is at 12:30, so finish your tea and read those leaves. In case you need a hand though, here are our game preview and preview interview.