Thanks to more injuries, suspensions, and MLS's insistance on playing through this weekend's international "break", the Portland Timbers are still miles away from their first choice line-up. That may not help with the club's playoff aspirations, but it certainly keeps things interesting here in the prediction thread.
Make sure to get your predictions in before the game tonight. Here is what we are looking for:
- The final score.
- Who will score the goals.
- When the goals will be scored.
The more specific, the better.
Plus, since the Timbers are just all injured or out of town, we are going to continue the DDugan line-up prediction challenge. Here is what we want for that one:
- Who is in the starting eleven.
- Who is on the bench.
- What substitutions will be made.
Here are last week's winners:
- Unfortunately, nobody got the initial formation correct last week as Caleb Porter dusted off the 3-4-3 until Diego Valeri's injury in the 32' forced him to sub on Alvas Powell.
- Plenty of people correctly predicted that Jose Adolfo Valencia would come on for Ryan Johnson, but only TimbersGary correctly predicted that the swap would come at the half. TimbersGary was also the only person to guess the Sal Zizzo for Darlington Nagbe swap.
- DDugan and scudsmckenzie were the closest to predicting the game's final score (4-2 Real Salt Lake) as both called a 3-1 Timbers loss.
- The closest prediction to an actual goal came from efilnikufsin's fantastic game prediction in which Alvaro Saborio scored in the 65' off of a Javier Morales taken set piece (that happened, it was just in the 67'). Luckily, Stacey did not murder a Kell's waiter as efilnikufsin also predicted.