I am utterly devoted to the Portland Timbers. And it shows.
- I live in San Jose, California, and before that I lived in Tennessee. I talk to everyone about the Timbers.
- I have kits for all my kids, even though they've never been to a Timbers game; they love wearing them;
- I check Stumptown Footy every day, about 10 times a day
- I rewatch matches from last year
- I rewatch matches in the current year multiple times
- I have family members who text me and tweet with me about
- game results
- player trades
- stadium news
- Flounder bashing
- and more!
- I wear my Timbers jersey every Friday at work
- I watch (scout?) other teams who we will play
- When the Timbers come to San Jose I stand in the TA section and sing my heart out
- I scare my kids when the Timbers score on TV and am bummed the next day if they lose
- I love the community of soccer, and especially TA and the Timbers, in how soccer bridges social, economic, and political lines
Best of all, I love it when the Timbers win.
How do you show your devotion? I would love to hear your stories, rituals and tributes.
Yes, I'm devoted even in a double-penalty-kick monstrosity of a game. :D