With the Expansion draft less than a month away it is time to decide who we, the Stumptown Footy Community, would protect. The goal is to create the top 11 players whom you want to protect through a vote by comments. We will not be following the international player rules as it gets super complicated if you want the rules go here.
How it works:
- For each player we will post a front page article highlighting a specific players pros/cons and any stats (if available)
- Vote by posting a Yes (to Protect) or No (don't Protect) in the subject of a comment, then explain why in the message
- We (the editors) will keep track of all the yes/no votes for each player
- At the end of the whole roster we will total up the results and post the community's Protected list
- Your list will be compared to the list of each contributing editor
- The only player we will not be voting on is Darlington Nagbe as he is automatically protected based on his Generations Adidas Status.
23 years old and just finished his second year in the MLS. Current salary according to the MLS Players Union is $46,750.
Great foot skills with the ability to pass out of trouble. Out of all the outside midfielders who played this year for the Timbers he is the most defensive minded.
Young and untested and at times looked lost.
John Spencer says Alexander's best game in a Timbers uniform will be next year.
So should do we Protect him or do we leave him unprotected? Remember vote with Yes or No in the subject line.