With the Portland Timbers already holding a one goal lead over the Seattle Sounders in the Western Conference Semifinal, this one could still go any way. After yesterday's practice session the Timbers said that they have to be ready for anything, and that could not be more true with the number of different formations, line-ups, and tactics that the Sounders could adopt.
It may have been a quick turnaround, but game time is almost here again. What do you think will happen?
Make sure to get your predictions in before the game tonight. Here is what we are looking for:
- The final score.
- Who will score the goals.
- When the goals will be scored.
As always, the more specific (overly specific, even), the better. Feel free to add any additional predictions you might have as well.
Here are last week's winners:
- Although efilnikufsin's scoreline was not correct in the first post of last week's prediction thread, this bit was: "Timbers see out a nervous end to the match with Seattle pressuring. Timbers take the favorable result back to the Jelly."
- The second comment of the night did nail the final score, as cfrank called the 2-1 final in the first leg.
- TheMikeDonovan (yes, the Mike Donovan) correctly called a Ryan Johnson goal in the first half of the match.
- FarBar was the not first poster in the thread to call a Darlington Nagbe goal, but was the first and only to get the time right at 67'. Toward the end of the thread, stax'o'wax also came close, calling for a Nagbe goal in the 65'.
Kickoff is at 8:00, so break into the hall of prophecies, smash a few glass globes, and get your predictions in. In case you need a hand though, here are our game preview, preview interview, and most recent training report.