The Portland Timbers play FC Dallas today as both teams try to get ahead in the amazingly close race for the playoff in the Western Conference. A win for the Timbers could put them back within striking distance of first place, while one for FC Dallas would see them leapfrog the Timbers and land as high as 3rd.
With both teams likely missing key players, this match could have a different look from the two teams previous three match ups this season, with rumors that Dallas could even switch up their formation floating around this week.
In last Wednesday's US Open Cup predictions thread there were people right on the money:
- 1751 and Scoey both got the score right: a 2-1 RSL win.
- 1751 correctly predicted that Alvaro Saborio would open the scoring and that Valeri would get on the board for the Timbers.
- Scoey got that the Timbers would score late to pull it close and had Saborio scoring, but did not get the other scorers.
- Chill503, in the first prediction of the thread, correctly predicted that Saborio would score early (11'), but even that guess was not early enough (he actually scored in the 7').
- Everyone (almost) had Saborio scoring but nobody predicted that Joao Plata would get on the board.
After the Timbers weekend off we are back at it, so make sure to get your predictions in before game time. Here is what we are looking for:
- The final score.
- Who will score the goals.
- When the goals will be scored.
The more specific, the better.