I am going to make this short and sweet.
Game Flow: The Portland Timbers really wanted to put their stamp on the game with a lot of possession. Usually the possession consisted of passing amongst the back line and Diego Chara and Will Johnson. While this was going on the Houston Dynamo, with dead legs, was content to let Portland pass it around the back while they sat deep. Occasionally there would be a long ball from the center backs but the route one passes did not work. When they didn't try the long ball they passed it to Johnson or Chara, who then would pass it back to one of the back four. It was possession but it was without purpose.
- This game was so bad that I watched it on fast forward (double speed). I could see all the game clearly but I was able to watch it in 45 minutes instead of 90.
- Will Johnson completed a whole lot of passes (60 I believe) but most of them were square or back.
- Diego Valeri was not 2013 Valeri
- Gaston Fernandez seems to find himself in the right place at the right time.
- Darlington Nagbe looks like he is not 100% and looks like he is carrying a knock.