It’s soccer night in Soccer City U.S.A.!
The boys in green and gold look to move on from the 2-1 loss to Real Salt Lake, where their winning streak came to an end. Now the Portland Timbers are picking themselves up and looking to start another streak, starting with the Los Angeles Football Club.
They are coming off a loss of their own, 2-1 versus the Whitecaps. Both teams will be hungry for three points.
LAFC is currently fourth in the West. The Timbers on the other hand are in a three way tie with the Seattle Sounders and Sporting Kansas City for first place. Win tonight and the Timbers could possibly move to the top of the table.
With a match midweek I wouldn’t be surprised to see some rotation, though I’d love to see Diego Chara, Diego Valeri...you get the idea. But as you know I’ve given up long ago trying to predict the lineup from Gio Savarese.
Speaking of Diego Chara, he has 39 tackles on the season, most of those coming in the defensive third (27). Next closest in tackles is Jorge Villafana with 29, with 21 of those tackles in the defensive third. Villafana is tied with midfielder Eryk Williamson, who has 29 tackles of his own, 16 in the defensive third and 11 in the mid-third.
- OUT: F - Carlos Vela (grade 2 MCL sprain)
- OUT: D - Tristan Blackmon (not medically cleared)
- OUT: D - Andy Najar (not medically cleared)
- OUT: M - Mark-Anthony Kaye (not medically cleared)
- OUT: M - Dairon Asprilla (left knee surgery 5/21, out for season)
- OUT: M - Sebastian Blanco (torn ACL 9/6, out for season)
- OUT: F - Blake Bodily (right thigh injury)
- QUESTIONABLE: F - Jaroslaw Niezgoda (right thigh injury)
Location: Providence Park, Portland OR
Kick-off time: 7:00 Pacific / 10:00 Eastern
TV broadcast: ROOT SPORTS NW+
Rival SB Nation site: Angeles On Parade
Radio broadcast: 750 The Game (English) and La GranD 1150AM/93.5 FM (Spanish)