I’d really like to put that draw in the rearview mirror and never speak of it again. But even with that draw, the Portland Timbers are tied for first in the Western Conference, and they happened to be tied with the Seattle Sounders. A win tonight up at the Clink would be double sweet, with not only gutting the fish, but taking the top of the table in the West.
One thing that would help with this would be playing for the full 90 minutes. Basically you don’t play 89 minutes; you play 90 and then some. And that’s what came and bit them in the butt against LAFC. The Timbers must be vigilant and not let their guard down. This Sounders squad is good. There’s a reason they’re also in first place.
The Sounders are also coming off a draw with San Jose where neither side scored a goal. Haven’t see a 0-0 draw in a while; leaving it to the boring fish to be a part of that. Anyways, the Seattle Sounders are going to be looking for blood and a goal or two.
Jarosław Niezgoda leads the team in goals per 90 with 0.87, with Felipe Mora in second with 0.75. If you add assists to that, it bumps Mora up to 0.96 goals and assists per 90. Third on the team would be Jeremy Ebobisse and Diego Valeri.
Stats provided by: FBRef
- OUT: M/D - Joevin Jones (right high ankle sprain)
- OUT: GK - Trey Muse (concussion)
- OUT: D - Brad Smith (right hamstring strain)
- OUT: M - Dairon Asprilla (left knee surgery 5/21, out for season)
- OUT: M - Sebastian Blanco (torn ACL 9/6, out for season)
- OUT: F - Blake Bodily (right thigh injury)
- OUT: D - Julio Cascante (left ankle injury)
- QUESTIONABLE: F - Jeremy Ebobisse (concussion)
- QUESTIONABLE: M - Marvin Loria (abdomen injury)
Location: Centurylink Field, Seattle WA
Kick-off time: 7:30 Pacific / 10:30 Eastern
TV broadcast: FS1
Rival SB Nation site: Sounder At Heart
Radio broadcast: 750 The Game (English) and La GranD 1150AM/93.5 FM (Spanish)