Welcome to the playoffs!
The Portland Timbers are coming into the playoffs as the third seed in the West. They’ve weathered through injuries that would have put some teams off their game. When you lose arguably one of the best midfielders in the game today AND you lose your goal scoring forward known for his hold up play with a concussion, that can happen. Or how about losing your striker that leads the team in Goals Per 90 and more? The loss of Jaroslaw Niezgoda you’d think would also hamstring the Timbers. But no. Other players have stepped forward into the gap.
One player we won’t be seeing tonight is Dairon Asprilla. He was suspended by the league for violent conduct. That’s tough cause if there is a time where Asprilla shines, it seems to be during the playoffs. Hopefully the Timbers will dispatch Dallas and he can return to the lineup. But tonight they’ll have to do without.
FC Dallas is coming into this match as the sixth seed.
The last time these two teams met in the playoffs was in 2018. With the Timbers down to ten men against Dallas, Diego Valeri rocks FCD for a brace and the Timbers would move on. So I would assume that Dallas would be out for a bit of revenge.
FC Dallas will be without one of their best midfielder, Paxton Pomykal, whose season was cut short with torn labrum.
Mosquera, the 25-year-old Colombian, is one to watch. He currently leads FCD in Goals per 90 with a 0.87. Second on the team was Pomykal.
- OUT: M - Sebastian Blanco (torn ACL 9/6, out for season) - READ
- OUT: D - Julio Cascante (left ankle injury)
- OUT: F - Jaroslaw Niezgoda (torn ACL, out for season) - READ
- QUESTIONABLE: M - Dairon Asprilla (left knee surgery 5/21)
- QUESTIONABLE: F - Blake Bodily (right thigh injury)
- QUESTIONABLE: F - Jeremy Ebobisse (concussion)
- OUT: M - Paxton Pomykal (labrum surgery 9/3, out 6 months) - READ
- OUT: M - Bryan Acosta (not medically cleared)
How To Watch
Location: Providence Park, Portland OR
Kick-off time: 7:00p Pacific / 10:00p Eastern
TV broadcast: ESPN
Rival SB Nation site: Big D Soccer
Radio broadcast: 750 The Game (English) and La GranD 1150AM/93.5 FM (Spanish