It’s come down to this: Decision Day 2020.
Currently the Portland Timbers are second in the West, with 1.73 PPG. A Portland win and a Sporting Kansas City loss and the Timbers could end up with the number one seed heading into the MLS Cup playoffs.
The Timbers are going to have to put that loss in the rearview if they want to beat LAFC. We may see Jeremy Ebobisse return to the lineup tonight. He’s listed as questionable due to a concussion, but there is speculation that he could be ready to go this afternoon.
LAFC are 7-2-1 at Banc Of California Stadium. The only place they seem to be able to win is at home, as they have a dismal 1-6-1 record on the road. LAFC are also licking their wounds as they head into the final day of the season. They lost on the road to the San Jose Earthquakes, a team that will most likely be the eight seed.
Diego Rossi leads their attack. He’s scored 14 goals this season, and the next closest to him in goals scored is Bradley Wright-Phillips with eight. He’s averaging .78 goals per 90. That’s good for second best on the Black and Gold, just behind Carlos Vela. The Timbers will have their hands full with Rossi for sure. It’ll be time for the defense to step up and try and contain the Golden Boot contender and limit the damage he can do.
- OUT: D - Andy Najar (not medically cleared)
- OUT: D - Mohamed El-Munir (not medically cleared)
- OUT: F - Adrien Perez (not medically cleared)
- OUT: F - Danny Musovski (not medically cleared)
- OUT: M - Sebastian Blanco (torn ACL 9/6, out for season) - READ
- OUT: D - Julio Cascante (left ankle injury)
- OUT: F - Jaroslaw Niezgoda (torn ACL, out for season) - READ
- QUESTIONABLE: M - Dairon Asprilla (left knee surgery 5/21)
- QUESTIONABLE: F - Blake Bodily (right thigh injury)
- QUESTIONABLE: F - Jeremy Ebobisse (concussion)
Los Angeles FC
Location: Providence Park, Portland OR
Kick-off time: 3:30 Pacific / 6:30 Eastern
TV broadcast: FS 2
Rival SB Nation site: Angels On Parade
Radio broadcast: 750 The Game (English) and La GranD 1150AM/93.5 FM (Spanish)