The Portland Timbers have won six of their last nine and will look to add to that against the Vancouver Whitecaps. Because MLS has decided to go with points per game instead of standard points, you get the Seattle Sounders on the top of the Western Conference.
The Timbers will head into the postseason likely as the three seed, and as such will be hosting the first round of this year's playoffs. If the Timbers could improve their PPG, then they might see a climb in the standings. Personally, I’m happy with the seeding, so while it would be nice to see a bucket of goals between now and then, it’s not a big deal (depending on the matchup).
Because of PPG, the Whitecaps are on the outside looking for the playoffs, and they come into Providence Park on the heels of a 2-0 loss to the kids in the Fishing Village. I think they’re going to have a tough go of it tonight. I just think the Timbers (as long as they play the full 90+) should be able to claim victory here.
- OUT: M — Dairon Asprilla (left knee surgery 5/21, out for season)
- OUT: M — Sebastian Blanco (torn ACL 9/6, out for season)
- OUT: D — Julio Cascante (left ankle injury)
- QUESTIONABLE: F — Blake Bodily (right thigh injury)
- QUESTIONABLE: F — Jeremy Ebobisse (concussion)
- QUESTIONABLE: M — Marvin Loria (abdomen injury)
OUT: GK — Maxime Crepeau (fractured left thumb, surgery 7/27)
- OUT: GK — Thomas Hasal (left tibia stress fracture, concussion 9/28) - REPORT
Location: Providence Park, Portland OR
Kick-off time: 7:00 Pacific / 10:00 Eastern
TV broadcast: FOX 12+
Rival SB Nation site: 86 Forever
Radio broadcast: 750 The Game (English) and La GranD 1150AM/93.5 FM (Spanish)