Currently the Portland Timbers are in first place in the Western Conference, and a win tonight could help the Timbers stay in the top spot going into decision day. They will be welcoming the Colorado Rapids to the corner of 18th and Morrison for the first of two final matches this year.
Timbers bring a 5-3-2 home record into tonight's game while the Rapids are holding on to the seventh playoff spot in the West. Their PPG is 1.38 and the team above them is FC Dallas at 1.55 ppg, so I’m pretty sure that no matter what the Rapids will finish in seventh place.
The Timber limp into this matchup without the services of Jarosław Niezgoda. He tore his ACL and is out of the rest of the season. This is bad news for the Timbers as he was leading the team in goals per 90 at 1.04. Only person higher was Sebastian Blanco, who is also out for the rest of the season. The next closest to Niezgoda is Jeremy Ebobisse, who scoring at a clip of 0.68 goals per 90.
- OUT: M - Sebastian Blanco (torn ACL 9/6, out for season) - READ
- OUT: D - Julio Cascante (left ankle injury)
- OUT: F - Jaroslaw Niezgoda (torn ACL, out for season) - READ
- QUESTIONABLE: M - Dairon Asprilla (left knee surgery 5/21)
- QUESTIONABLE: F - Blake Bodily (right thigh injury)
- QUESTIONABLE: F - Jeremy Ebobisse (concussion)
- OUT: D - Kortne Ford (left knee injury)
- OUT: M - Collen Warner (not medically cleared)
Location: Providence Park, Portland OR
Kick-off time: 7:00 Pacific / 10:00 Eastern
TV broadcast: FOX 12+
Rival SB Nation site: Burgundy Wave
Radio broadcast: 750 The Game (English) and La GranD 1150AM/93.5 FM (Spanish)